Saturday, September 23, 2006

SHARK: No Bite

The only reason why I tuned in to CBS' new show 'SHARK' was to see actress Jeri Ryan. And, though it was good seeing her again in a TV show (my last exposure to her was as Seven of Nine on STAR TREK: VOYAGER), it wasn't enough to keep me glued to my set at 11pm on Thursday nights. The problems with SHARK are 1) I can only stomach James Woods for about 5 minutes (and in SHARK he is in almost every scene), 2) The camera-work is dizzying at times (that old NYPD BLUE/CSI/LAW & ORDER thing goes on A LOT), 3) It's just another TV procedural (which I am SOOOOOO over by now). Still, SHARK (to date) is the most watched new TV show of the season. That's the bad news. The GOOD NEWS is that GREY'S ANATOMY beat up on the season premiere of CSI in their first head-to-head battle of the new season (I think it was GREY'S at 25 mil to CSI's 22 mil). If this trend can continue, HOPEFULLY,the glut of TV procedurals will start to thin out. I think there is room on TV for one CSI and one LAW & ORDER (but not 3 of each). I would much rather see more inventive shows like LOST, DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, UGLY BETTY and HEROES get airplay than a CSI: PEORIA or a LAW & ORDER: K9 UNIT.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mikey said...

CSI is great...but I agree, only one is best, the original. The other two suck. Even though, I do not like how they are trying to sex it up so much lately. I do not like James Woods either, so I never bothered.

9:06 AM  
Blogger MiamiJohn said...

It's good to see that Jeri Ryan is working, but I thought this show tried way to hard and James Woods just wasn't convincing.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home