Friday, September 15, 2006

FALL TV: THE CLASS

Earlier this summer I shared with everyone the Fall TV shows I was most looking forward to seeing. Thanks to a special showing for TiVo customers I was able to preview one of my MUST SEE PILOTS, CBS' THE CLASS. The main reasons for seeing THE CLASS were to see Andrea Anders (late of NBC's JOEY) and David Crane (Creator of FRIENDS). Beyond that, I was also looking for a show to fill in the void left by FRIENDS, and THE CLASS certainly showed promise in the pilot episode. Grantd, the show isn't exactly classic television, but the pilot left me laughing and, most importantly, left me wanting more. I think THE CLASS has a great chance of surviving (it's part of CBS' hit comedy lineup of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, TWO AND A HALF MEN and THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE). THE CLASS includes one out gay character and another gay-acting "straight" character. With 8 classmates (and additional friends, family and lovers in their lives), the show reminds me a lot of SOAP. It will be difficult to juggle all these characters and allow them the time to become more than the cliches that they each currently are. But I am hoping that over time we will see more three-dimensional developments out of this CLASS. MY GRADE: A-

3 Comments:

Blogger DEREK said...

I think it's going to be a good season.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Sean Storm said...

Hey Derek..thanks for the comment...and a BIGGER thanks for the shot of you and your bicep/armpit. MMMMMM

9:58 AM  
Blogger Mikey said...

I finally saw the pilot for Class...it was great!!!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home