Friday, February 02, 2007

Hi Julie!!!! Okay...TOP CHEF time!

So who is Julie you ask? Well, she is someone who found my Blog just when TOP CHEF was ending and PROJECT RUNWAY 3 was beginning. We bonded on that issue,, and I just wanted to say hello and talk about the winner of TOP CHEF 2.

I have to admit I cheated with TC2. I watched the first 2 episodes and then picked it up again during the final 3, which culminated in the win of Ilan. I was soooo frickin disappointed. I wanted Marcel to take it home. Granted, I didnt see him until the end, but of the two I thought Marcel was far more poised than Ilan. Ilan couldnt get enough of taking Marcel down, even smiling with glee when he almost got to pee on Marcel's hand following a fish-sting bite in Hawaii. Marcel was also subjected to physical harrassment when a few of the chefs joked about shaving his hair off. Poor Marcel! I guess I also love an underdog story..and Marcel seemed to be getting picked on by everyone else (again, remember, i didnt see the episodes in the middle so i dont know how much of the harassment Marcel indeed had coming to him)

But on the challenge alone, I feel Marcel stepped out of the box, whereas Ilan played it safe.

In any event, it's over. TOP CHEF 3 has been ordered, by the way.

2 Comments:

Blogger KingRoper said...

In the episodes that you missed, Marcel was the most arrogant, condescending ass possible. He couldn't work with others and had a much bigger attitude than his age and talent would deserve. It seems like he decided to be the asshole of the show (every reality show has one, and they usually get a lot of screen time) and he played it for all he could. Plus, I hated his Heatmiser hairdo.

There was also the question of his sabotaging others - but they had no proof. You also missed a lot of fights between him and Betty (slightly insane in her own right).

I'm glad Ilan won - but then, he reminded me a lot of an old flame, so I'm biased.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Sean Storm said...

In the finale I got the impression that Sam and the other guy (Mike?) sabotaged Marcel. If Marcel had sabotaged in the past then I guess it was karma.

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home