Friday, December 29, 2006

ERAGON

I'm a big fan of dragon movies (with DRAGONSLAYER, DRAGONHEART #1 and the dragon scene in HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE being my favorites..until now, that is). ERAGON is a big-budget dragon-lovers goldmine, even though it's execution, at times, feels like it could have used a little more time or more of a budget in post-production. Still, as dragon movies go (and lets face it: Sci-Fi Channel may TRY to make good dragon movies, but they just don't measure up in the end), ERAGON has a bute of a specimen, voiced by Academy Award winner Rachel Weisz. For those who don't know, ERAGON was written by Chris Paolini when he was just 15 years old. A second book is on shelves now, with the concluding chapter of the trilogy still being written. I havent read the books, and glad i hadn't when I saw the movie. I went with Ian Rawlings, who had read the book, and he was SUPREMELY upset with the film adaptation. As with lots of book-to-film projects, entire sections are left out and even rewritten to fit into a 2 hour piece of work. So I got to see the movie as just what it was, and I give ERAGON a B-

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

I haven't seen the movie, but I thought the book was pretty decent. Considering that he was 15 when wrote it. And although I haven't seen the movie, just from the previews I can tell that they didn't spend as much time (or money) on post production. Shame.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home