Friday, September 29, 2006

JERICHO: A second look

Sorry guys! After the second helping of JERICHO, I rolled my eyes one too many times at the stupidity of dialog and acting that muddies up the high-concept CBS drama JERICHO. I mean, COME ON! - miscast prodigal son Skeet Ulrich JUST saves the life of his ex-girlfriend and her deaf friend from certain rape/death at the hands of two escaped cons and the ONLY gratitude Skeet gets from her is: "disaster always shows up when you're around", or something to that effect. Then the girl just idly walks away from him -even though she'd be already starting stiffen with rigor mortis if he hadn't just saved her (all the while risking his OWN life from an impending radiation rain that put the entire town in peril). The characters are sooooo annoying, and writing is soooo bad, and the reactions these people make are NOT how people would really react to these events. With too many great other shows on TV (Desperate Housewives, Lost, Veronica Mars, Ugly Betty, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, The Class, How I Met Your Mother, Heroes and Brothers & Sisters), JERICHO just isn't worth investing my time in if the writers and actors can't deliver a more realistic approach. And BESIDES, do I REALLLLLY want to spend an hour of my week EACH week watching a depressing story that is ONLY going to get dragged out ad nauseum without any real relief (until the series ends). JERICHO would have worked best as a 8 or 10 hour miniseries, with a definite "end" in sight - but as an ongoing series? Nope. D+

7 Comments:

Blogger Mikey said...

I am glad I never watched it now.

11:35 AM  
Blogger lgl said...

Go watch Dancing with The Stars then...it was marketed for your demographic; gay men.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Sean Storm said...

Umm, then as a gay man I am happy to say that I don't like DANCING WITH THE STARS. DAMN, what a stereotypical remark Igl. Makes me wonder about ya.

3:17 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

According to her profile, lgl is a Skeet fan, she is actually part of a blog all about Skeet. Lgl, I do not like Dancing with the Stars either.

8:22 PM  
Blogger lgl said...

Okay, I forgive you. As long as you don't watch the competition...

But you do watch Project Runway, I was just playing the odds. :)

8:45 AM  
Blogger Sean Storm said...

lgl

This is true, I do like Project Runway. And to be fair, I DO like Skeet Ulrich. I'm just bummed out that JERICHO as a series is starting to become cheesy, which I am hoping turns around in the 3rd episode. The first episode was intense and had me hooked and if the producers don't turn it into something like the AWFUL CATEGORY 7: END OF THE WORLD then I will be relieved. I also don't want them to mess with Skeet too much. He works best as a bad boy, in my opinion. And it's not Skeet's fault that the series took a downturn with episode 2. But all this Skeet talk has me mentally conjuring up his bare ass in AS GOOD AS IT GETS.

7:07 AM  
Blogger lgl said...

If you like him in As Good as it Gets, then you must rent Touch...more of him to love in that one. : ) (if you catch my meaning)

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home