Saturday, April 14, 2007

Catching up in TV LAND

ANDY BARKER, PI: After the second episode of this NBC sitcom, I lost interest (as did the rest of the U.S., it seems: BARKER has been bandished to Saturday night)

THE RICHES: I made it to the first ten minutes of Episode 3 before I realized how much I hated this new F/X network show. Sorry, Minnie!

TOP DESIGN: I LOVE LOVE LOVE Project Runway and I HATE HATE HATE Top Chef. TOP DESIGN fell somewhere in between. I completed this show from beginning to end and it was just okay. I hear Cycle 4 of RUNWAY is in the works, WHEW! I have SHEAR GENIUS on stand-by. BRAVO, Bravo!

ACCEPTABLE TV: Check this one out if you are into the whole YouTube craze. Basically the show is 5 episodes of short tv skits. Viewers then vote on their favorites. The two highest ranking shows return for Episode 2 the following week. It's pointless, but addictive. From the mind of Jack Black, if that helps.

CLATTERFORD: I have been slowly getting more into this BBC America comedy from the terrific Jennifer Saunders. Not for everyone's tastes, but if you like British humour, you just might like Clatterford.

12 Comments:

Blogger Mikey said...

I have always loved Saunders! BTW it is good to see you back around again!

3:58 PM  
Blogger SecondClassCitizen said...

Try Dinner: Impossible on Food Network, Wednesday nights at 10:30PM. It's a 1/2 hour reality show. New episode every week. I'd love to know what you think of it.

8:13 PM  
Blogger George said...

Sean,

What is your thoughts on how TV shows that are big to modest hits go on this new "Fall hiatus" and then come back in Spring and ratings are horrible. For example, Jericho, Lost, now Heroes. I wonder if this break between new and old shows serves network well. and last but not least - u are still sexiest guy in video

7:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Sean,

I'm glad that at last I found a way to communicate with you.I couldn't find your email id or postal address.I know you are a very busy man but when you get time please do reply coz Ive got lots of things to tell you. :-)

5:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sean, my email id is: bluebluerays@gmail.com

5:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i see you like out brittish comedy, have a look on youtube for the catherine tate show - its one of the best over here at the mo! p.s you videos are great! if you ever come to Engerland! ;)

2:29 AM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Where'd ya go Bud? Miss reading ya!~

2:00 PM  
Blogger Cambel said...

If you Like Runway, and Top Design, you might want to check out "Sheer Genius" it's ridiculous and campy and a hell of a lot more fun than Top Chef. Still not as good as Runway, but what is??

11:30 PM  
Blogger WOOFPIX.com said...

did you give up on the bloggin bud? lemme know.

8:40 PM  
Blogger sterling said...

Jennifer Saunders is a f*#%kin' genius. Wow! I didn't know she had a new show. I'll have to check it out.

2:40 AM  
Blogger L33 said...

Hi Sean, great seeing you when you were in town. You've got to get into the new Battlestar Galactica and then watch the final ten eps when they air on SciFi in first quarter of 2009. Have you watched Samantha Who? And on the reality TV front have you seen Celebrity Rehab? What about Chelsea Lately on E! I love her show. They got this thing now where people who watch can sit on the panel...you might make a nice addition lol.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Mikey said...

2 years is way to long my friend! Hope all is well with you

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home