Friday, February 09, 2007

"SEE YOU LATER, DECORATOR"

Is exactly what I would have said if BRAVOs TOP DESIGN was a terrible knock-off of it's mother PROJECT RUNWAY. Instead, I am hooked on this reality drama. It's amazing what a better budget can do, since the similarly themed HGTV DESIGN STAR bombed creatively last year. As for Bravo's now-trifecta of reality wonders (RUNWAY and TOP CHEF being the other two), it nearly rivals RUNWAY in entertainment value. The challenges are fun, the judges are inspiring (though none of them are Simon Cowell-mean). I hope host Todd Oldham gets a little more engaging, but for the time being he makes a pleasant Tim Gunn quasi-clone. As of this blog entry, nine designers remain. As each person leaves, the head judge adioses with 'see you later, decorator'. That part is a little cheesy, I admit. But overall TOP DESIGN feeds my jones until PROJECT RUNWAY returns.

4 Comments:

Blogger KingRoper said...

So far I'm not overly impressed with the show - but I recently watched the first season of Runway and it took them most of the season to really hit their stride (did anyone care about the model's backstories?), so I'll give them a chance.
I would like to see them get out into the real world - rooms with 4 walls and windows would be nice. I really like Goil, but if he puts one more giant pepper in a room, I shall abandon him.

And a note to dannyboygrr... I for one would like to see college pics of Sean!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Sean Storm said...

Hey Danny

Send me another email, buddy. I lost your old one. Sorrrrry.

;-(

7:36 AM  
Blogger Sean Storm said...

LOL


Yes, king, the giant peppers grate on me, too. I also don't like the way Goil hops about like a bunny. Other than that, Goil is my favorite of the bunch. And when Michael finally gets kicked off I am going to celebrate.

But I gotta say I really do like this one. But then again, I liked GREASE: YOU'RE THE ONE THAT I WANT until the third episode and then abruptly quit it faster than a beauty school dropout.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Bill said...

I think Todd seemed to loosen up a bit as host for the second episode, he didnt seem as wooden or like he was reading off of cue cards for everything he said. I have to say, I really loved it when the judge made the comment about Jon being the mayor of excuses village. What is up with Michael, is he wicked creepy or what?

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home