Monday, August 14, 2006

Is AUGUST the LEAST exciting month in entertainment?

Think about it: all of the BIG summer movies have premiered (MAY, JUNE and JULY being the big months), leaving wannabe's (SNAKES ON A PLAIN), leftovers (PULSE and ZOOM) and indies (LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE) to come out. And on television, all of the promising summer shows have already aired. And the onslaught of the fall TV season doesnt truly get underway until the third week in September (except for Fox, but they don't really count...just kidding). So that leaves August as being a pretty boring month indeed. So let me take this time to recap what Summer TV 2006 was like: My favorite returning shows were ENTOURAGE and PROJECT RUNWAY 3. My new guilty pleasures were HGTV DESIGN STAR and EUREKA. My HIT-TO-MISS show was KYLE XY (I lost interest after the third episode). My I-just-don't-get-why-it's-a-hit show is AMERICAS GOT TALENT. And my HATED IT show is WORK OUT. Along the way, other shows like HEX, LOVESPRING INTERNATIONAL, HELL'S KITCHEN, SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE, MAN BITES DOG, TREASURE HUNTERS, LAST COMIC STANDING 4, BIG BROTHER: ALL STARS, ROCK STAR: SUPERNOVA all premiered, but I didnt watch them enough to review them. But the smelliest shows of the summer HAD to be: THE ONE, ONE OCEAN DRIVE and TUESDAY NIGHT BOOK CLUB.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sean Storm said...

Ah, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And you SHOULD be debauched. But I stand confirmed that the month of August is pretty lacking in the entertainment business....UNLESS you film your debauched birthday and pique my interest with it. No, but seriously, happy birthday, craig

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home