Monday, August 14, 2006

SHREK 3...and..and...and.... ;-)


I don't know about anyone else but the films released for summer 2006 made it among the worst summers overall for me. Not a single film reached out and grabbed me. To be fair, here are the summer movies I saw: MISSION IMPASSIBLE 3, THE DUH VINCI CODE, POSEIDUMB, X-MEN: THE WORST STAND, and the 2.5 hour commercial for PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN 3. I missed out on SUPERMAN RETURNS, CARS, CLICK, THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA and THE BREAK-UP, but I doubt any of them (save for PRADA) would have done much to save the disastrous feel I have for SU'06. So that got me thinking ahead to NEXT summer, which should get my juices flowing when HARRY POTTER & THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX, SPIDER-MAN 3, PIRATES 3 and SHREK 3, among others, step up to the plate.

5 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

Well, I did like Silent Hill, but that was probably due to being both a horror fan and a gaming nerd. I'm also looking forward to the next Harry Potter installment. Hopefully my local theater has gotten over the Goblet of Fire Incident. I mean, really, if we weren't meant to launch ourselves at the movie screen and lick it every time Viktor Krum was on, they would have hired a much less hot actor.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Sean Storm said...

Yeah, I read in Fango that SILENT HILL was probably the best game-to-film of its kind. GOBLET OF FIRE was very good, but the best of the series is AZKABAN.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Craig said...

GOBLET was really rushed, a result of having to stuff 800 pages into a two-hour movie. AZKABAN was awesome, I agree. I'm addicted to the damn books, and am on tenterhooks about the last one.

And just what exactly IS a tenterhook, anyway? It sounds vaguely S&M.

3:03 PM  
Blogger juliepadooly said...

LMAO - loved the new naming of the movies, but I actually liked Da Vinci Code - although it was predictable - and yeah Pirates 2 was just a build up to Pirates 3 - think they are Pirating our pocketbooks!!!

You didn't miss much in CARS - it was cute but preachy and too long.

But Shrek 3 ??? You a masochist as well as all the other bits? (shakes head sadly) - Julie

9:03 PM  
Blogger Morgen said...

I don't think you "missed" anything by not seeing "Superman". Now my hubby would disagree, but I thought: yawn.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home