Tuesday, October 24, 2006

TV ON DVD: What I Still Need...

I recently finished skimming through this book on TV SHOWS from the 1950's to the present and I wrote down all the shows that aren't yet out on DVD that were favorites of mine. Here, in alphabetical order, are the shows I still want to ownon DVD if they ever get released: ALICE (so far only a Best Of DVD exists, but I want the Complete First Season)....BOSOM BUDDIES (a very young Tom Hanks and Peter Scolari in drag)...FAMILY TIES (I am really surprised this one isn't on DVD yet)...THE HOGAN FAMILY (This was one of my favorite family comedies of the 80s)...IT'S A LIVING (Remember this one from the 80s? It was a comedy about waitresses at work on a revolving restaurant atop a skyscraper)...THE LOVE BOAT (I know, I'm a freak. But I GOTTA own this one!)...SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE (I want all 32 complete seasons on DVD..NOT these Best Of compilations that currently occupy space at Best Buy)...SILVER SPOONS (This one came out when I was the same age as Ricky Shroeder was in this early 80s comedy)...SQUARE PEGS (This one was, like, TOTALLY AWESOME!)...THE WONDER YEARS (I think music rights issues are slowing this one down from getting released)...AND HERE ARE SOME RARE ONE-SEASON WONDERS AND RARITIES that you may(and most likely MAY NOT) have heard of: GOING PLACES (a comedy with Heather Locklear), HARPER VALLEY PTA, THE BRADY BRIDES, JOANIE LOVES CHACHI, OTHERWORLD, THE PAUL LYNDE SHOW, SUPERTRAIN, WE GOT IT MADE and WOLF LAKE

3 Comments:

Blogger Mikey said...

Hey...I love the Love Boat too!! I know all the shows except...Supertrain, The Brady Brides and We Got it Made

3:24 PM  
Blogger abnitude said...

i want to be at your house when you get this compilation of shows. its a living was too short lived but it was great. my all time favorites are bosomm budddies and family ties. you have great taste!!

7:04 PM  
Blogger Mo and The Purries said...

The one we've been waiting for is Designing Women.
again, a compilation/best of DVD exists, but not complete seasons. what are they waiting for?

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home