Thursday, October 19, 2006

OFF THE LEASH: Disgusting Television!!!

It takes a rare piece of shit program to get me riled up enough to actually tell people to boycott watching it. Perhaps that's because I have learned from past examples like the Christian rights watchdog groups always losing in their efforts to get homosexual programming banned by drawing huge attention and ratings to said programs. But dammit, LIFETIME really went to the dogs with their, ummm, "original" reality show OFF THE LEASH, which takes a look into a doggie talent agency in LA called Le Paws. It's only obvious to me that the show is scripted and fake. The owners of the dogs are all disgustingly hammy for the cameras and psychotic as hell. No person on this show has a sliver of diginity....nor does anyone on the show exude any real love toward their pets. OH, and the people at Le Paws make it a point to say that they are only in this for the $$$ that the dogs (slaves to their owners and employers) will bring them. The 'trainer' of the dogs is always throwing a hissy fit and is never actually training the dogs...and the dogs are always 'trained' as a group with their obnoxious human owners always present. The only reasons to watch this show is because of the dogs themselves, but even they are given precious little air time... and I'm sorry, but no amount of airtime in hell is going to keep me tuned in week after week to watch the assholes (the Le Paws employees and the pet owners themselves) depict their 'dramas' for the cameras. I could stomach one episode and about 10 minutes of the second episode before I said ENUFF ALREADY! As a pet owner myself, I owe it to myself to not support this teletrash!

4 Comments:

Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I wonderd if it was meant to be some kind of lame takeoff on "Best in Show", that funny Eugene Levy film.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Sean Storm said...

If it supposed to be an intentional mockumentary type show, then kudos. But if not, BLECH!

3:24 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

I will be sure not to watch!!!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Sean Storm said...

Thanks, Mikey! ;-)

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home