Wednesday, October 18, 2006

THE DEPARTED

You know, there really isnt anything billiant about the script to this movie. In fact, there a few loopholes that just don't make sense to me. But what does make this movie brilliant is the BRILLIANT Martin Scorcese. I bow down to this master of direction. He recharged this Good Guys Vs Bad Guys flick, expertly acted by thespians Jack Nicholson, Matt Damon and Leo D! I don't really want to go into the plot, other than to say it contains two moles working on opposite sides of the law (with some key twists that would spoil the film if I were to pass them along). Oh, and since seeing this movie last week I now have a hard-on for guys with Boston accents (mmmm... Mark Wahlberg has never turned me on more). There is early Oscar buzz on this one, so make sure you check it out. I mean, seriously, it's SCORCESE! A-

1 Comments:

Blogger A Bear in the Woods said...

I wish the producers and execs had let Scorcese release the 3 1/2 hour version of Gangs of New York, to better bring out the 2 developing story lines, the national and the personal. When Scorcese is given free rein, he makes magnificent movies. I haven't seen this current one yet, but I'm excited to view it.
I've enjoyed some of your films, btw.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home