Monday, May 22, 2006

MOVIE REVIEW: THE DA VINCI CODE

Believe it or not, but I am actually one of the few people who has not read THE DA VINCI CODE. I was also raised Methodist by parents who were not religiously strict. So for me, it was a bit challenging understanding what was going on in THE DA VINCI CODE. Religious symbols and mythology aside, I felt THE DA VINCI CODE worked on a movie thriller basis, and I enjoyed Ron Howard's direction of Tom Hanks. The film has been getting mixed reviews (as has Tom's hair), but I feel the movie (and Tom's hair) is just fine. Sure, the movie is slow in some parts, but I will take this film ANY DAY over more POSEIDON's. I also LOVVVVVVVVVED Ian McKellan. What a great career this man is having (including genre fare X-MEN and LORD OF THE RINGS). He is a nice add to the film. Still, for me, a truly great summer movie is still to premiere. MISSION IMPOSSIBLE III (B+) got things started, POSEIDON (D+) sank things back down a bit, THE DA VINCI CODE (B) has brought things back up, and hopefully next week's X-MEN: THE LAST STAND will break on through to the Grade-A playing field.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home